General DO's and DON'Ts During Treatment With CAMPTOSAR
- Call your doctor if you have any questions or if you're not sure about something.
- Take your temperature as scheduled.
- Tell your doctor if you have diarrhea lasting more than 3 days, fever or chills, infections, vomiting, dry mouth, urine changes, fainting, or other health concerns.
- Remind the person giving your treatment about any problems you had during previous treatments with CAMPTOSAR.
- Make sure to get enough rest, eat as well as you can, and drink plenty of water and other clear fluids.
- Drink at least eight large glasses of liquids a day if you have diarrhea.
- Get some activity, like walking or doing light work, when you are up to it.
- Let other people help you.
- Talk with other people who are being treated with CAMPTOSAR or who have had treatments in the past. Their experiences may be helpful.
- Don't use any antidiarrheal medication unless you have diarrhea.
- Don't use laxatives or eat foods that might cause diarrhea or make it worse, such as fatty, fried, or spicy foods, dairy products, bran cereals, or raw fruits or vegetables. Don't ignore diarrhea or fever.
- Don't drink alcohol, tea, or coffee (even if it's decaffeinated) when you have diarrhea.
- Don't smoke.
When You Should Call Your Doctor
Call your doctor right away if you
- Have a temperature over 101°F.
- Have diarrhea that lasts for more than 3 days.
Full Prescribing Information