[MOL] Tamoxifen-stimulated growthof b.c. cells occurred within a year... [00982] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Tamoxifen-stimulated growthof b.c. cells occurred within a year....

In the laboratory, tamoxifen-stimulated growth of breast cancer cells occurred within a year of tamoxifen treatment. These tumors grew in response to tamoxifen, although they continued to express estrogen receptor. In some cases, however, these tumors became supersensitive to very low levels of estrogen, which then produced a profound antitumor effect. Further study of these biological processes in the laboratory may, later, prove useful in the clinical setting.