[MOL] Epitheliod HemangeoEndothelioma [00892] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Epitheliod HemangeoEndothelioma

Just saw your post recently online.

My wife was diagnosed with EH in June 1998 (Massachusetts General Hospital)

She had been suffering with back pain for over a year (misdiagnosed as many
other things). After a series of needle biopsies and one actual biopsy, a
tumor was discovered in her T12 vertebrae in June of 1998.

Initial treatment: Radiation (July 1998)

We got married in Sept. 1998.

Tumor was surgically removed in Jan/Feb, 1999.

At the time of surgery, doctors had discovered more cancer than what scans
had revealed.

Cheotherapy ensued:

July 1999 = Taxol (Chemotherapy drug)

October 1999 = Scans were good (no sign of cancer, however pleural
thickening)

Jan 2000 = Scans not good (cancer reappearing)

Chemotherapy = Carboplatin and Etoposide (really did a number on my wife -
decreased platelettes and red blood cells) - treatment was too severe, also
had no effect on cancer.

By April/May - scans revealed spread into liver.

May treatment: Navelbine

August treatment: Interferon

Late August wife had difficulty breathing - cancer had enveloped lungs.

September 3, 2000 - She continued to fight the disease mentally, but her
body could no longer fight.

She was 38 years old.  She passed away two days shy of our 2nd wedding
anniversary.

Although this is a tragic story, I hope I have provided you with some
information that may be helpful to you and your mom.

Dave Conole