Re: [MOL] Re: Stage T2 N1 Lung Cancer [00826] Medicine On Line

on 12/27/00 7:26 AM, GORDON5304@aol.com at GORDON5304@aol.com wrote:

> My wife has decided not to have chemotherapy after her lobectomy.  The reason
> being the small improvement expected (at best), her prior medical condition
> and her age.
> Our next appointment with the surgeon is in May six monthes after her
> surgery. At the moment only an x-ray is scheduled.
> I am wondering what if anything should be done in the interim.  For example
> would a full body CAT scan be useful in identifying any metastis that has
> taken place?  Or, would a Positron Emission Topography be wise?
> In part the question relates to the technology and in part to the question
> ofmwhat do you do if it reveals  the cancer has spread?  And, I guess that
> depends on where it has spread to.
> Any advise would be helpful on how to proceed, as we wait!

demand the pet scan.  they are the only thing that showed my colon cancer.
get a case manager at your ins. co.  the powers that be in washington have
now approved pet scans for all types of cancer.  I fought with my ins. co. 2
yeaar ago and won.  now they pay without question./  good luck   deb. g.