Re: [MOL] low blood count/Reply [00825] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] low blood count/Reply

It is not uncommon for the blood count to drop while on chemo therapy and often it will come back up on its own.  However; if it does not start moving upward a drug called Epotin boosts red blood cells.

Welcome to our forum, we are sorry to hear of your mother being on the cancer journey.  We are here to help you in anyway possible.  There is no such thing as a dumb question.  You will find this is a wonderful group of forum members.  Warmly, lillian

From: Niki
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2000 9:21 PM
Subject: [MOL] low blood count

my mother who has cancer in both lungs, went in for a blood test today (her week off) and was told her blood count was 2.1 and possible she won't receive chemo next week.  we understand how it went down, but the nurse did not offer any resolution to the problem.  do we just wait until the count comes back up?  is there anything to help it along?   thank you