Re: [MOL] Re: Stage T2 N1 Lung Cancer [00816] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Re: Stage T2 N1 Lung Cancer

Hi!
A full body CAT scan would certainly be useful in assessing any spread.  PET
scans, I believe, are usually used on the brain.  Each of these machines, as
I understand it, is based on x-ray technology.  But I have heard that
insurance companies are reluctant to pay for PET scans.  CAT scans and MRIs
are seen as sufficient.    Again, all this is just what I believe to be
true; I am not a medical person.

As a cancer patient with breast mets, I do not like your doctor's plan of an
x-ray after 6 months.  If they find anything from the x-ray, the first thing
they would do, is order her some CAT scans; why not right away.  I have CAT
and bone scans every 3 months.

Love and Hugs,

Your friend,

Martha

P.S.:  Check with your insurance co. on all the scans....and with your
doctor!