[MOL] Re: Stage T2 N1 Lung Cancer [00815] Medicine On Line

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[MOL] Re: Stage T2 N1 Lung Cancer

My wife has decided not to have chemotherapy after her lobectomy.  The reason 
being the small improvement expected (at best), her prior medical condition 
and her age.
Our next appointment with the surgeon is in May six monthes after her 
surgery. At the moment only an x-ray is scheduled. 
I am wondering what if anything should be done in the interim.  For example 
would a full body CAT scan be useful in identifying any metastis that has 
taken place?  Or, would a Positron Emission Topography be wise?  
In part the question relates to the technology and in part to the question 
ofmwhat do you do if it reveals  the cancer has spread?  And, I guess that 
depends on where it has spread to.
Any advise would be helpful on how to proceed, as we wait!
This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be removed
from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion Forum
at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing the line:
unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual email