[MOL] Re: Stage T2 N1 Lung Cancer [00815] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re: Stage T2 N1 Lung Cancer

My wife has decided not to have chemotherapy after her lobectomy.  The reason
being the small improvement expected (at best), her prior medical condition
and her age.
Our next appointment with the surgeon is in May six monthes after her
surgery. At the moment only an x-ray is scheduled.
I am wondering what if anything should be done in the interim.  For example
would a full body CAT scan be useful in identifying any metastis that has
taken place?  Or, would a Positron Emission Topography be wise?
In part the question relates to the technology and in part to the question
ofmwhat do you do if it reveals  the cancer has spread?  And, I guess that
depends on where it has spread to.
Any advise would be helpful on how to proceed, as we wait!