[MOL] Platinum drug is new potent cancer treatment for ovarian and testi [00814] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Platinum drug is new potent cancer treatment for ovarian and testicula...

Platinum Drug Is New Potent Cancer Treatment

The new drug, called BBR3464, belongs to a new class of platinum drugs and was shown to treat cisplantin-resistant ovarian cancer in mice. Prof Nicholas Farrell, head of the research conducted at Virginia Commonwealth University, US, said, "Platinum is the front-line therapy for ovarian and testicular cancer.