Re: [MOL] chemotherapy for Stage III colon cancer /REPLY [00797] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] chemotherapy for Stage III colon cancer /REPLY

The good news is that your father's doctor and hospital are well known in
the cancer field.  That makes this a good start.  Your father is on what is
termed a 3 prong therapy.  Surgery and two types of chemo, no argument
there.  5FU has been around a long time; was not effective; but they
discovered it to be very effective when used with another chemo such as L.
This all sounds good friend, sounds as though your Doctor is doing a darn
good job.  CP-11 is a strong chemo with some very hard side effects; but
since the cancer has not spread to other area's most likely the need to put
your father through all of that is not necessary.  I am including some
really good sites for you to go to.  Just use the search engine browser #
just below this message.  We are keeping you both in prayers and keep hope
in your heart.  Warmly, lillian

http://alltheweb.com/cgi-bin/search?type=all&query=colon+cancer&exec=FAST+Se
arch