Re: [MOL] chemotherapy for Stage III colon cancer /REPLY [00790] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] chemotherapy for Stage III colon cancer /REPLY

Lillian,

Thank you for your responce regarding my father.  We are in Los Angeles and
our oncologist is at Cedar's Sinai Hospital, a Dr. Fred Rosenfelt.  If you
can check him out I would appreciate it.  My father just started therapy
today, it is for 5 days out of 28 day cycle for 6 months.  5FU and Leucovoran
?  What do you mean by 3 prong and 2 prong?  I am led to believe that this is
the standard chemo for colon cancer.  I have heard of CPT-11 but I thought
that was for when the first attempt is not responsive.  Please tell me
more...I am just beginning to learn more about all of this.  My father is
about 6 weeks out of surgery, tumor penetrated bowel wall but there is no
visible spread to liver and lymph nodes came back negative. I could use all
the help I can get....thanks.