Re: [MOL] Re: JUDY ! [00756] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Re: JUDY !

Hi!  Stage IV means the cancer is not local, i.e., in one organ--it has
spread to more than one.   As far as I know, there are stages I-IV.  I am
stage IV breast mets and have been so, since 12/97.  I am still doing OK.
There is always hope.  The radiation and chemo is to shrink the tumors;
then, if they are still there, they will operate on them.

Love and Hugs,

Martha

P.S.:  It may sound unimportant at this time, but one thing I did when I
found out I would need some radiation is that I had my head shaved.  I had
chemo and hadn't done this...My hair fell out.  It was very depressing
somehow...it fell out in these sort of icky clumps.  With the radiation, my
hair fell out too, but with my hair so short already, it hardly seemed like
anything.
It is growing back now.  My husband calls it a reverse mohawk...the strip
down the top of my head is still sparse, but it's coming in pretty good
around the sides.
P.P.S.:  I had 15 sessions of whole brain radiation.  There were three
tumors there.  Now there is only one and it is shrinking.  I think her being
young is in her favor.  (I am 45.)  I just tell you this that you should
know that you can be presented with situations that sound completely
horrible, but that there is help.