Re: [MOL] Re: Emma! [00754] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Re: Emma!

 I had a hunch that it possibly had spread to the liver.  Something about
that old liver just loves to draw cancer cells to it.  The good news is if
need be one does not need a whole liver to function properly.

The thing to remember that with any cancer surgery no surgeon no matter how
good they may be can be 100%  sure they got all the cancer.  A itsy teeny
fragment of a cancer cell could fall back into the cavity and there you go
with round 2.  This is why adjunct therapy (Chemo, radiation; etc.) is so
important.  It catches the little buggers that thought they got away.

One of the best things you can do for your sister right now is to get her
started on guided imagery tapes.  She needs to keep herself stress free.
She has much to learn in this department alone.  Solving the Puzzle of
Fatigue by Belleruth Naparsek, she also has Health Journeys, for
Chemotherapy and Affirmations, Image Pahs, Inc. P.O. Box 5714, Cleveland,
Ohio 33101 (1-800-800-8661.  I think more than likely any health food store
would have some excelent guided imergery tapes.  Some of our Molers have
said when they are having chemo. they sit and think of "Pac Man just running
around gobbling up the cancer cells".

And if your sister is not a healthy eater, then it's time for her to learn
about the foods that naturally build her immune system, the darker the green
vegtable the better.  When on chemo therapy is is not always wise to take
vit. or herb supplements as some work against the chemo.  Your sister should
let her doctor know everything she puts in her mouth to eat.

It will have to be your choice on if your sister and you tell your parents
about her cancer.  Generally the consensus of this group tends to feel that
timing and honesty are the best policies.  I had a dear friend who with held
from me that she had a re-occurrence and did not tell me because I was going
through too much personally.  While this was generous and noble of her, it
in the end created more stress for me.  She was with me all through my
cancer and denied me the choice to be there for her.  I was the last to find
out and boy did I stewed over all of this.

We are blessed with wonderful caring, uplifting people on our forum; so you
will be comforted, hugged, and understood here.  Warmly, lillian

more....