Re: [MOL] My Father - the latest - from Chris [00721] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] My Father - the latest - from Chris

Gosh Chris, I thought you were writing about me.  I sure know how your Dad
feels and for some reason I had suspected that Virginia was the martyr.  No
offense, this happens sometimes with caregivers.  They get overwhelmed and a
tad jealous because no one is paying much attention to them.  It is a
horrible feeling when you can't get your breath and you can't move an inch.
I at long last resorted to a wheel chair; but only for when I hit the malls.
I just got tired of always staying behind because I could not take another
step.  Medicare paid for most of my fancy new electric wheel chair (wonder
if I could drive it on the street?) and my BC/BS paid the rest.  It is all
in the way it is worded.  I thanked my Doctor for helping me get it and he
replied "I'm surprised you weren't in one a long time ago"????
I didn't touch that crack with a 10 ft. pole.  I always said I would never
resort to a wheel chair. I can thank Tamoxifen for it.  Last week my
daughter took me to the big Mall, and girlfriend I was like a kid.  I went
into every store, every nook and crook and she was huffing and puffing to
keep up with me.  It felt like freedom.  The only drawback is that it's very
heavy, I need a lift next....Hmmmm.  I think Medicare would pay for a
hospital bed for your Dad.  He doesn't need to be sleeping on a cot.  At
least they would pay for a rental of one.  Again, all in the way the Doctor
words it. I hope Hospice will be a big help to them both.  Golly, with the
rosy red cheeks, beautiful white hair and a smile worth a million Virginia
best keep a close eye on the two of them.   My prayers and friendship,
lillian

more....