Re: [MOL] Best Treatment for Nasopharyngeal Cancer/REPLY [00717] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Best Treatment for Nasopharyngeal Cancer/REPLY

more....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lim Chiew Hock" <chiewhock@pd.jaring.my>
To: <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2000 7:50 AM
Subject: [MOL] Best Treatment for Nasopharyngeal Cancer
Welcome to our forum.  For Nasopharyngeal Cancer, because of its location
pin pointed, or sterotactic radiation are excelent.  It would be wise for
your brother- in -law to go to the very best cancer centers where the best
doctors are.  I just read an articile in regards to this treatment for this
type of cancer and the articile was most favorable.  There should be no side
effects if it is done properly.  There may be a few days of swallowing
difficulties; but nothing more.  The reason certain radiations tecniques are
better is that there are fewer good cells that are killed.  Surgery would
leave a problem which would entail a plastic surgeon or prothesis depending
on the size of the tumor. The side effects of surgery are very painful.
Wishing you all the very best, warmly, lillian