Re: [MOL] Medical Regorm....Expanded prescription drug coverag.... [00623] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Medical Regorm....Expanded prescription drug coverag....

Dear Carol:  Well this sounds like the Christmas from Hell; but there is hope friend.  Here are some sites for you to explore to see which will help you the most.  Also remember that the Dept. of Social Service has some sort of program for cancer patients.  I am truly sorry to hear of all the bad luck befalling you and certainly understand your distress.  I have just gotten out of a bad luck slump myself and it certainly feels good to be relieved of it.  Warmly your friend, lillian

INSURANCE : &   FINANCE

American Association of Health Plans Membership Department 129 20th Street NW, Suite 600 Washington, DC 20036 (202)778-3200 Web site: http://www.aahp.org/ Insurance industry trade association that will provide information on insurance and health care issues.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association 675 North St. Claire Street Chicago, IL 60601 (312)440-6000

Department of Health and Human Services Inspector General Hotline Office of the Inspector General P.O. Box 23489 Washington, DC 20026 (800)368-5779 U.S. government hotline for complaints regarding Medicare or Medicaid; provides assistance with issues of entitlements, benefits, insurance, and community resources.

Disabled American Veterans 807 Main Avenue SW Washington, DC 20024 (202)554-3501 (202)554-3581 FAX Web site: http://www.dav.org/ Provides assistance with health benefits for U.S. veterans.

Hill-Burton Free Hospital Care 5600 Fishers Lane, Room 7-47 Rockville, MD 20857 (800)683-0742 Hotline (301)594-5999 FAX Web site: http://www.hrsa.dhhs.gov/bhrd/dfcr/dfcrmain.htm U.S. government program that can arrange for cost-assisted care for disadvantaged individuals at certain medical facilities or hospitals.

National Insurance Consumer Hotline 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20004 (800)942-4242 Provides assistance in finding insurance coverage, information on insurance issues and a consumer complaint service.

PATIENT HEALTH INSURANCE INFORMATION

Healthcare Users Group - HUG
http://www.bighug.com/

Kassabaum-Kennedy Consumer Guides
http://college.georgetown.edu/research/ihcrp/hipaa/

Managing Insurance Issues from the National Cancer Institute
http://cancernet.nci.nih.gov/facing_forward/facmanag.html#anchor672935

Patient Advocate Foundation
http://www.patientadvocate.org

Patient Advocacy
http://www.patientadvocacy.org

FINANCIAL LINKS

http://www.medscape.com/ACCC/OncIssues/1998/v13.n04/oi1304.03/oi1304.03.html
Reimbursement Hotlines; Many sources of drug companies that will reimburse
for drugs
To use Medscape, you will have to go to
www.medscape.com, providing one
time, a user id and password; thereafter a 'cookie' will allow total access
to Medscape.

http://www.cancercareinc.org/patients/plinksfinancial.htm
Links to Sites Dealing with Cancer

http://www.cancercareinc.org/patients/plinks2.htm
Links to Sites Dealing with Cancer

http://www.vh.org/Patients/IHB/Cancer/NCI/FacingForward/04.html
Managing Insurance Issues

http://www.go.com/WebDir/Business/Management/Insurance/For_individuals/Cance
r_insurance
Cancer insurance Web sites 1~11 of 11 reviewed Web sites

http://www.state.wi.us/agencies/oci/pub_list/pi-001.htm
A Shopper's Guide to Cancer Insurance

http://www.americasguide.com/national.asp?cat=CIN
You have chosen to search America's Guide category of Cancer Insurance