Re: [MOL] Tamoxifen [00584] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Tamoxifen

I never really got any hot flashes.  I used to sit and read, a lot in the
summer, with a little box fan, so I guess I experienced some changes in
temperature.  Also, I take the antidepressant, prozac.  I heard that the
chief psychiatrist at Sloan's Breast center has a theory that people on
antidepressants are not so bothered by the hot flashes.  By the by, I have
said so before, and gotten a number of letters from people who said they
took antidepressants and that this is poppycock.    At least the
antidepressant would help you with your mood and agitation.

I certainly think someone could come off tamoxifen because of side effects.
More likely, I think, would be, if it stopped working.  That's what happened
to me.  I take Arimidex--notice no side effects.  Still like my fan in the
summers.
Love and Hugs,

Martha