Re: [MOL] Blood Markers [00554] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Blood Markers

Not encroach on the doctor's valuable time....he's working for you...you
aren't working for him.  Get that straight now...this is your wife's life to
you---to the doctor, you may be only #3 on Thursdays.  There are a lot of
different markers. I won't attempt to describe them scientifically, because
I will flub up, but they measure cancer activity in the body.  There is a
normal level for all people, and levels that can be out of the normal range.
Tumor markers, please note, are never diagnostic of cancer--they are one
more factor to take into consideration when making the diagnosis.

Sorry it took so loong to write back,

Love and Hugs,

Martha

P.S.:  You may have heard of the PSA; this is the tumor marker for prostate
cancer.