[MOL] To Mol: Lillian, Tami, & Pat [00543] Medicine On Line

[MOL] To Mol: Lillian, Tami, & Pat

Thank you all for those "smokin' red hot smoke signals you're all sending up
to the Heavens for us.  I know God loves your prayers, so am relying heavily
that He will hear them and help us all down here.

My father objected strongly to going to the hosp.  He was so very sick these
past two-three weeks and getting worse daily.  All that time the onc was
still giving him his chemo without regard to his worsening condition.
FINALLY she noted how ill he was and against his wishes, ordered that he be
admitted (her office is across the street from the hosp).  I think he was
"planning" to die, thinking that he would rather die from pneumonia or blood
clots than from the cancer.  The cancer is GONE - there's no reason for him
to be like this, other than side-effects and depression.  But he insists that
he will only be well temporarily then have to face this again.  I must
confess I understand his fear, disappointment, and even his wish to die.  But
I also know that when he feels better, he will be glad he's alive.  His body
and his lungs must be pretty strong to be fighting so hard for over three
weeks without any anti-biotic medication and being loaded up with chemo --
and he is, after all, 76 years old!!!   MY body (at 48) would have given up
with less than he's been through.

Just ranting and sharing.  God bless you all.  Have to run now.  Get ltos of
stuff done before going to the hosp this afternoon.  -chris