Re: [MOL] lung cancer [00461] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] lung cancer

In a message dated 12/12/2000 4:39:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Ps7242@aol.com writes:
>  My mother has lung cancer but also COPD.  She is too weak to take tissue
>  samples so we don't know what kind. In the past 5 days she has begun to
lose
>  her voice.  Could this be the cancer or something else?  She isn't in any
>  pain.
>  Debbie

Debbie, about two weeks before my father wax dx w/ lung cancer, our family
attended the funeral of his younger brother (lung cancer).  Several relatives
commented that they had difficulty understanding my father's speech.  After
he was diagnosed and they did a bronchioscope (sp?) it left him only able to
whisper for several months.  The doctor told us not to get our hopes up that
it would return as it was due to nerve damage from the tumor resting upon it.
 Well, believe me - it returned - you have only to witness the family running
away from his ill-temper to know just how LOUD it can be!  -chris