[MOL] Taking care of the mind... [00448] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Taking care of the mind...

 Dear Friends:  With cancer as with any serious illness, it is important that we look at the total picture.  This includes the  mind, body and spirit. Much information has been gleamed on the facts of the various cancers, their treatments.

We must nourish the body, to build up the immune system and to make sure we are eating what is healthy for us.  A well balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables to include dark green vegetables is just as important as to know what therapy is good.

Often, we forget the spirituality or the mental health aspect of our journey.  Cancer raises many questions with-in us, it raises fear, sadness, loss of hope and more.  For this reason I have been working on providing as much information as possible to help you grow stronger in mind, body and spirit with each new day.

Stress is our number one enemy and hope is our number one friend.

This is the time of year that feeling blah is highest.  We have holidays upon us and along with this comes added stress.  As caregivers we tend to do to much to make it one of the best holidays.  As patients we have stress because we can't keep up with everything or perhaps enjoy the wonderful food prepared for us.

I have included two sites that I hope will be of help to you.  Warmly, lillian

Holidays Have You Feeling Sad?