[MOL] Pier Paolo Pamdp;fi, genome translational researcher news/// [00199] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Pier Paolo Pamdp;fi, genome translational researcher news///

An Interview with Pier Paolo Pandolfi

Now that scientists have mapped the majority of the human
genome, translational researchers such as Pier Paolo
Pandolfi
of MSKCC's Department of Human Genetics and Molecular
Biology
Program are using this information to develop clinical
applications for cancer treatments that actually help
people
battling cancer today.

"The pathways involved in cancer are extremely complex,"
Dr.
Pandolfi says. "Genetics will provide the answers we need
help minimize the impact of this disease."

http://www.mskcc.org/patients_n_public/lately_novdec_2000/pandolfi.cfm