[MOL] Men respond to dendritic-cell vaccine/prostate [00030] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Men respond to dendritic-cell vaccine/prostate

Men respond to dendritic-cell vaccine
Dendreon of Seattle said that all 31 prostate-cancer patients in a
phase-2 trial had an immune response to Provenge, a dendritic-cell
vaccine. Twenty of the men had a strong response and six had a
significant decrease in PSA level, reported Dr. Eric Small of UC San
Francisco in the Dec. 1 Journal of Clinical Oncology. The vaccine
contains an engineered antigen that is fused to a patient’s own
dendritic cells. According to the company, patients with advanced
hormone-refractory disease are being enrolled in phase-3 trials.