[MOL] Trial of pancreatic-cancer vaccine expands/Pancreatic Vaccine [00028] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Trial of pancreatic-cancer vaccine expands/Pancreatic Vaccine

Trial of pancreatic-cancer vaccine expands
Antigenics of New York has expanded its phase-1/2 trial of Oncophage,
a vaccine for pancreatic cancer, to include survival as an endpoint.
Three of five original patients from the phase-1 trial in 1997
remain alive and two have no evidence of the disease. Five more
patients will be enrolled in the trial, taking place at New York’s
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. The vaccine is patient-
specific and uses heat-shock proteins to activate immune responses.
According to the company, Oncophage is also being evaluated for
kidney cancer, sarcoma, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, gastric cancer,
colon cancer, and melanoma.