From: owner-mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
[mailto:owner-mol-cancer@lists.meds.com]On Behalf Of joicy@clergy.net
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 8:19 AM
To: Vicci Ewen; mol-cancer@lists.meds.com; owner-mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
Subject: [MOL] Vicci

Hi, Vicci,
Please do not waste a second feeling guilty, my friend. You know, good-byes
are just as painful for those "leaving" as for those left behind, and it has
been found that we have more control over when we die than people
think...often folks actually wait to die until loved ones leave; I think
because some feel it's less painful (I think I would choose this.)

I have been blessed to spend final hours with a number of folks, and have
frequently "known" that someone would die as soon as we left the room; that
they were in fact waiting for us to do so. I guess we are all different in
death as in life...we just have to trust that we did all we could while
theey were with us (and I know you did!)

Love and happy thanksgiving, friend...Joicy