Re: [MOL] Lung Cancer - Looking for trial [01242] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Lung Cancer - Looking for trial

In a message dated 11/27/2000 10:19:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
max@scientist.com writes:
>  Traditional approaches such as chemotherapy and>  radiotherapy>  would
leave her 1-1.5 years max.
    My father was dx w/ NSCLC, advanced stage in 1998.  He has had chemo,
radiation, and then thalidomide.  The cancer was gone (or so we thought) then
reared it's head again 2 months ago.  He is again on chemo.  He was dx at 75;
in July he turned 77.  He's been with us OVER 2 yrs and though it hasn't been
easy for him, he has good days along with the bad ones.  So I just want to
say here that the "1-1.5 years max" is only an educated guess, not a fact.
-chris