[MOL] Platelets - answer from Dr. [00568] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Platelets - answer from Dr.

Got an answer from Dr. Rost (CancerHope) today.  I sent my msg to him awhile
ago, but thought I'd share his answer with anyone interested.  -chris
-----------------
In a message dated 11/16/2000 9:17:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, ccr417 writes:

> [...]
damaged by chemotherapy.  They should be over 100 (actually we report them>
in thousands, so it is 100,000). >  40 and climbing is very good.
>  Please see attachment.
>  ecrost@cancerhope.com

***If anyone is interested in the attachment (more detail) let me know and
I'll send it.  -chris

---- Begin included message ----

---- Begin included message ----
Platelets are the cells of the blood that stop bleeding.  They can be
damaged by chemotherapy.  They should be over 100 (actually we report them
in thousands, so it is 100,000).
40 and climbing is very good.

Please see attachment.

ecrost@cancerhope.com

HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; AOL 4.0; Windows 95;
DigExt)
REMOTE_ADDR=152.163.194.213
REMOTE_HOST=152.163.194.213
name=Chris Rosati
email=ccrosati@aol.com
phone=610-437-2466 (daytime)
question=Can you tell me what "platelets" are, what they do, and what count
is normal?  My father, who is on chemo, has just had a significant drop in
platelets; at first "2", now "40" and climbing - with meds daily.

Thank you, Chris Rosati
faq=yes

Important Announcement.doc

---- End included message ----