Re: [MOL] Prostate Cancer [00067] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Prostate Cancer

If the surgeon is extremely skilled he/she is able to remove the prostate
gland with-out damage to the urinary. kidney or sexual dysfunction.  That is
a might big if.  After surgery they would more than like do either radiation
or chemo.

Now, hold on, I have good news for you.  If you go with the seed implants
and Sterotactic (radiation - pin-point) radiation therapy damage to any
other organs is null for the most part.  There are always a few who just
don't fit into any category.

My husband had the seed implants with the SRS and did wonderful.  The only
side effect he had was constipation.  No pain, no staying overnight in the
hospital, getting up off the table and walking fine immediately.  This
perticular procedure is done at all major cancer facilities now.
Good luck, warmly, lillian

more....