[MOL] Re: Chemo costs [00031] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re: Chemo costs

Chris -- I'm on Medicare and I assume you aren't that old yet so the
costs will be different but I think you may be interested anyway.  Of
course, costs will also vary according the the particular drugs
involved.

For me, the total Medicare-approved charge for a single infusion is
$1284.70 of which my oncologist who checks me and my blood work (to
determine the correct "cocktail") before each treatment receives
$80.26.  The rest is for premeds, the chemo drugs, infusion room
supervision and nursing care.

I guess this charge is "typical" although it seems rather low to me.

Claire