Re: [MOL] REPLY ON EDEMA ! [01338] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] REPLY ON EDEMA !

Hi, Lillian!  Sorry I haven't written, but things are hectic.  My mom was in
the ER again today with the swelling, cough, etc.  Interesting to note that
no one who's posted a reply mentions congestive heart failure, yet her
doctors tell us that can be a cause of the swelling.  Mom was given Lasics
by IV (she still has her port-o-cath in) and sent home.  She's on an
anti-biotic because the doctor thought there might be an infection.

Mom really hasn't been able to be alone for over a month now.  My sister has
been caring for her during the week with me taking her back to her house for
the weekends.  Now, Linda and I will trade nights taking care of her.  Does
anyone have hints on how to make this easier?  What do you do when the drugs
take awhile to work and hugs just don't ease the pain?  Also, with the meds
mom is on, she tends to "space out" and isn't quite aware of what is doing
on, sometimes even hallucinating.  How can we keep her safe from harm at
night, while still staying sane with no sleep? I spent Sat. and Sun. with
her and think I've had 3 hours of sleep for those 2 days.   Any and all help
will be greatly appreciated.  I'm heading for bed.....  Hugs to all!  Susan
C.