Re: [MOL] Parotid Gland [01337] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Parotid Gland

Please know that we are not in the medical profession so I will be giving
you my personal opinion.  Were I your friend, I would get a second opinion.
Cancer is too serious to fool around with.  I would make sure I am attending
a top cancer center with the best doctor.

When doing a biopsy, it is possible for one of those tiny horrible critters
called cancer to break off and cause the cancer to spread elsewhere. Since
it is suspected to be in the lymph node it is not uncommon to do the surgery
and then they will do a pathology report.  One of the main reasons is to
catch the cancer as quickly as possible.  Hope this has been of help.  Your
friend, lillian

more....