[MOL] Parotid Gland [01314] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Parotid Gland

I have a friend who has a lump just below his right ear at the jaw line.  He
had a cat scan and his doctor said it was either a tumor or lymphoma and has
recommended he have the lump removed immediately.
No biopsy has been performed.
I question if this is a wise move on my friends part.
Need suggestions asap.
Thanks!