[MOL] "Don't Weep for Me" - the poem... [01299] Medicine On Line

[MOL] "Don't Weep for Me" - the poem...

 <A HREF="http://www.grandmas-house.net/chapel/inspiration/potpourri.html">
Grandma's Inspirations: Don't Weep for Me</A>
http://www.grandmas-house.net/chapel/inspiration/potpourri.html

Don't Weep for Me

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sun on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awake in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

There once was a man named George Thomas, a pastor in a small New England
town.

One Easter Sunday morning he came to the Church carrying a rusty, bent, old
bird cage, and set it by the pulpit. Several eyebrows were raised and, as if
in response, Pastor Thomas began to speak.

"I was walking through town yesterday when I saw a young boy coming toward me
swinging this bird cage. On the bottom of the cage were three little wild
birds, shivering with cold and fright. I stopped the lad and asked,

"What you got there son?"

"Just some old birds," came the reply.

"What are you gonna do with them?" I asked.

"Take 'em home and have fun with 'em," he answered. I'm gonna tease 'em and
pull out their feathers to make 'em fight. I'm gonna have a real good time."

"But you'll get tired of those birds sooner or later. What will you do then?"

"Oh, I got some cats," said the little boy. "They like birds. I'll take 'em
to them."

The pastor was silent for a moment. "How much do you want for those birds,
son?"

"Huh??!!! Why, you don't want them birds, mister. They're just plain old
field birds. They don't sing - they ain't even pretty!"

"How much?" the pastor asked again.

The boy sized up the pastor as if he were crazy and said, "$10?"

The pastor reached in his pocket and took out a ten dollar bill. He placed it
in the boy's hand. In a flash, the boy was gone.

The pastor picked up the cage and gently carried it to the end of the alley
where there was a tree and a grassy spot.

Setting the cage down, he opened the door, and by softly tapping the bars
persuaded the birds out, setting them free.

Well, that explained the empty bird cage on the pulpit, and then the pastor
began to tell this story.

One day Satan and Jesus were having a conversation. Satan had just come from
the Garden of Eden, and he was gloating and boasting.

"Yes, sir, I just caught the world full of people down there. Set me a trap,
used bait I knew they couldn't resist. Got 'em all!"

"What are you going to do with them?" Jesus asked.

Satan replied, "Oh, I'm gonna have fun! I'm gonna teach them how to marry and
divorce each other, how to hate and abuse each other, now to drink and smoke
and curse. I'm gonna teach them how to invent guns and bombs and kill each
other. I'm really gonna have fun!"

"And what will you do when you get done with them?" Jesus asked.

"Oh, I'll kill 'em," Satan glared proudly.

"How much do you want for them?" Jesus asked.

"Oh, you don't want those people. They ain't no good. Why, you'll take them
and they'll just hate you. They'll spit on you, curse you and kill you!! You
don't want those people!!"

"How much?" He asked again.

Satan looked at Jesus and sneered, "All your tears, and all your blood."

Jesus said, "DONE!" Then He paid the price.

The pastor picked up the cage. He opened the door and then he walked from the
pulpit.

Isn't It Funny?

Isn't it funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why
the world's going to hell?

Isn't it funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the
Bible says?

Isn't it funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have
to believe, think, say, or do anything the Bible says?

Isn't it funny how someone can say "I believe in God" but still follow Satan
(who, by the way, also "believes" in God)?

Isn't it funny how you can send a thousand jokes through e-mail and they
spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord,
people think twice about sharing?

Isn't it funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through
cyberspace, but the public discussion of Jesus is suppressed in the school
and workplace?

Isn't it funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday, but be an
invisible Christian the rest of the week?

Isn't it funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me
than what God thinks of me?

Are you laughing? Why not? Isn't it funny?

Praise Him, Praise Him
Lyrics by Fanny Crosby; Music by Chester Allen

Praise Him! praise Him! Jesus, our blessèd Redeemer!
Sing, O Earth, His wonderful love proclaim!
Hail Him! hail Him! highest archangels in glory;
Strength and honor give to His holy Name!
Like a shepherd, Jesus will guard His children,
In His arms He carries them all day long:

Praise Him! Praise Him!
Tell of His excellent greatness.
Praise Him! Praise Him!
Ever in joyful song!