Re: [MOL] Edema [01294] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Edema

Hello;
   I am glad you posted this.  My husband had pnuemonia last summer (2rounds of
it).  He had swelling in his ankles and feet. The drs. didn't really seem to know
why and just said to keep an eye on it. That is interesting that it has happened
to your mother as well. It just went away one day all by itself. It really
worried me because I thought perhaps his kidneys were overwhelmed with all the
meds. he is on. It took him awhile to get his stength back after being that sick.
I gave him alot of vitamins and well balanced meals and he pulled right out of
the pnuemonia considering the drs. sent him home from the hospital to contact
hospice and prepare for dying. He had the pnuemonia for quite sometime looking
back. The drs. didn't want to diagnos anything for they thought his shortness of
breath and weakness was related to cancer and he was simply dying. When he was so
weak and coughing up blood I called an ambulance and it was then he needed oxygen
and was diagnosed with pnuemonia. The swelling in his ankles and feet seemed to
occur right after he got home and got it again........Beav