[MOL] a three-word philosophy... [01274] Medicine On Line

[MOL] a three-word philosophy...

I have a friend who lives by a three-word philosophy: Seize the moment. Just
possibly, she may be the wisest woman on this planet. Too many people put off
something that brings them joy just because they haven't thought about it,
don't have it on their schedule,didn't know it was coming or are too rigid to
depart from their
routine.

I got to thinking one day about all those women on the Titanic who passed up
dessert at dinner that fateful night in an effort to cut back. From then on,
I've tried to be a little more flexible.

How many women out there will eat at home because their husband didn't
suggest going out to dinner until after something had been thawed? Does the
word
"refrigeration" mean nothing to you?

I cannot count the times I called my sister and said, "How about going to
lunch in a half hour?" She would gasp and stammer, "I can't. I have clothes
on the line. My hair is dirty. I wish I had known yesterday, I had a late
breakfast, It looks like rain. And my personal favorite: -"It's Monday".
She died a few years ago. We never did have lunch together.

Because Americans cram so much into their lives, we tend to schedule our
headaches. We live on a sparse diet of promises we make to ourselves when all
the
conditions are perfect: We'll go back and visit the grandparents when we get
Stevie toilet-trained. We'll entertain-when we replace the living-room
carpet. We'll go on a second honeymoon when we get two more kids out of
college.

Life has a way of accelerating as we get older. The days get shorter, and the
list of promises to ourselves gets longer. One morning, we awaken, and all we
have to show for our lives is a litany of "I'm going to," "I plan on" and
"Someday, when things are settled down a bit." When anyone calls my 'seize
the moment' friend, she is open to adventure and available for trips. She
keeps an open mind on new ideas.

Her enthusiasm for life is contagious. You talk with her for five minutes,
and you're ready to trade your bad feet for a pair of Rollerblades and skip
an elevator for a bungee cord.

My lips have not touched ice cream in 10 years. I love ice cream. It's just
that I might as well apply it directly to my hips with a spatula and
eliminate the digestive process. The other day, I stopped the car and bought
a triple-decker. If my car
had hit an iceberg on the way home, I would have died happy.

Now...go on and have a nice day. Do something you WANT to ......not Something
on your SHOULD DO list.

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who
would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?