[MOL] Pain [01135] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Pain

My brother, diagnosed with Stage 4 lung NSCLC recently started a combo of
radiation and chemo.  Although he went through his initial chemo with few
problems, this second round of chemo/radiation is causing painful swallowing,
painful burping....killing his healthy appetite because he associates food
with pain.   Doctors gave him oxycodone(sp) and a mouth rinse that
anesthetizes his esophagus.   This works a little but not well enough.   I
don't want him to go too much further so that he begins wasting.  Are there
people online with experience treating this kind of pain....or with any
suggestions.   Help!    Tom, new4tom@aol.com