[MOL] Fwd: First to Know Bulletin [00995] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Fwd: First to Know Bulletin

Be sure to read clear to the bottom of the page.

---- Begin included message ----
Title: Medical Breakthroughs
Medical Breakthroughs: First to Know
Reported by Ivanhoe Broadcast News
October 23, 2000
Changes are Here

This week's First to Know Bulletin comes straight from the News Department -- I'm Elizabeth Buchanan, the Executive Producer at Ivanhoe. Our coverage this week includes two incredible cardiac stories. First, doctors in Tampa are using a new type of pacemaker to help people with congestive heart failure. Nearly 50 million Americans have this condition where the heart can't pump enough blood to meet the body's needs. And doctors in Philadelphia have a unique way of helping patients with chronic heart failure -- they put a jacket around the heart to prevent it from growing too large. They hope by reducing the growth, it will also reduce the damage.

Other reports this week fall under the title of natural healing. Dr. Seymour Diamond talks about the benefits of Vitamin B-12 for migraines, while the Children's Medical Center at the University of Virginia offers horticultural therapy as a means of healing. Lastly, we have a story on myofascial release -- it looks like a massage, but it's not. This hands-on technique is designed to lengthen muscle tissue. Treatment providers say it is particularly effective for soft tissue injuries.

And if you come to our site specifically looking for one disease or condition, you're in luck! We have recently modified our medical categories list (on the left side of your screen) and now offer a significant amount of news on each of those 13 topics in something we call a "channel." Whether it's the latest news on stroke or you're looking for ways to prevent obesity in your children ... you can find it all in the channels.

Read on, there's a whole lot more to tell you about ...

Reply to: Elizabeth Buchanan
Executive Producer, Ivanhoe Broadcast News

In This Issue...

Help for Your Heart

Faster Stroke Recovery

Heart Jacket

Daily News Flash

Myofascial Release: Toward Mainstream Therapy

Natural Migraine Relief

Lung Cancer Blood Test

Grow and Heal

Be sure
to check out:

Breast Cancer Channel

Visit our new advice channel!

Daily News Flashes

Do you want to be a part of the Ivanhoe news network?

Between 8 and 12 million people in the United States claim they have had a near-death experience. Experts say that number may be even higher. We are looking for the latest research on what happens to the mind the instant before death as well as what causes death-bed visions. We are interested in interviewing leading experts on the topic of near-death experiences. Please send any suggestions to:

Executive Producer Elizabeth Buchanan at ebuchanan@ivanhoe.com

Submit Story Ideas
E-mail us at newsalert@ivanhoe.com

Has this site saved your life or the life of someone close to you?
E-mail us at ebuchanan@ivanhoe.com

What do you think about Ivanhoe.com?
E-mail us at webdoctor@ivanhoe.com

Research at Ivanhoe.com

This Week's Topic: Addictions

Do you have new research on addictions that you'd like to contribute? E-mail newsalert@ivanhoe.com

Our research archive contains hundreds of medical news reports on a wide range of medical topics covered by Ivanhoe Broadcast News over the last four years. There is a charge of $2.50 to view each report with a minimum purchase of $10. You can purchase yearly, unlimited archive viewing for $50. Click here to subscribe to our archives.

Click HERE to Search Archive.

To stop receiving the First to Know Bulletin, go to http://www.ivanhoe.com/firsttoknow
and unsubscribe your email address.

What's New | News Flash | Discussion | Search | Ivanhoe FAQ | Subscribe
Our TV Partners | Awards | Useful Links | Free Special Reports | Play It Again, Please

---- End included message ----