[MOL] Myelo fibrosis [00898] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Myelo fibrosis

I have had myelo fibrosis now for a number of years and am still trying to
find out more information about it. My spleen, which takes over the work of
the bone marrow has grown very large in the last 5 years and in the last 20
months I have had to have 27 blood transfusions as my haemoglobin drops to a
very low and dangerous level of between 6.5 and 7 %. I am very worried as the
transfusions have become more and more regular in the last months, the last
one only 8 days after the 26th. I would like to know from anyone in the whole
wide world what I could do to improve my health due to this desease as the
doctors at the surgery where I attend are also mystified and haven't much
idea at all about the illness.
A reply from someone would be very interesting for me as I was in the earlier
days a very successful sportsman, and now, due to the lack of oxyxgen to my
muscles is sport out of the question.