[MOL] Peritoneal Cancer [00882] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Peritoneal Cancer

Hi Lillian,
    I assume this is Lillian.
    I just read your story on Peritoneal Cancer, it is like a script that has
been repeated and repeated.
    I could have written the same story.  I also went to my doctor who gave
me pills for stomach cramps and where I am a lactose was told it could have
been my diet.
    I also had fluid drained and they found ovarian cells and I had a
hysterectomy 30 years ago.
    I was on vacation and went to a strange doctor who diagnosed the cancer -
it took a strange doctor not mine who I have been going to for 25 years.
    I am 59.
    I have been through chemotherapy, unfortunately after a second look
surgery, I still have more cancer and next week will go on a vaccine they
made from the tumor they removed in February.  I hope it works.  I hope it
will at least slow down the cancer.
    It is so important for women and men to take control and follow your
instinct on your own health and be a pain in the butt if necessary.
    And most important - never give up.
    Penny