[MOL] Fw: High White Blood Count [00881] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Fw: High White Blood Count

----- Original Message -----
From: ELLEN HOLMQUIST
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
Cc: mam
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 7:01 AM
Subject: High White Blood Count

Hi  My son Scott has been dealing with stomach pains on and off for about 45 days.  When we were in on Sept. 15 the 3rd time to the doctor they noticed his white count was up a little but his bands where at about 30.  A week later his white count was about 20 and bands where 47.  Then they discovered strep so they treated with augmentin because they believed there probably was another infection somewhere in his body as well.  The antibiotics where prescribed for two weeks.  We went back on Oct.10 the count was back down to 8.   We went back yesterday the count is now 14 and bands are 34.  They say the red count and hemoglobin are fine but I am worried any ideas to make sure they check for????