Re: [MOL] Myelodysplasia and treatment for high Iron levelsREPLY [00709] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Myelodysplasia and treatment for high Iron levelsREPLY

Hi Steve!  I am not able to give you information on the treatment of
myelodysplasia treatments; however I do have information on "Iron Overload".
I am sure you are aware that iron stores in the liver and pancreas .  Men do
not have the ability to sluff off extra iron as woman do.  Too much iron in
the system in itself can cause cancer of the liver.

Getting rid of the excess iron is very simply, it is called blood letting.
It is done the same as if someone were giving blood.  Has this been
suggested before your father goes onto further treatment?  If not I would
suggest you question why.

I am unable to help you with the second part of your query and hopefully one
of our other wonderful Molers can.  Wishing you and your father the best,
warmly, lillain