From: eldridge112
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2000 7:51 PM
Subject: [MOL] GBM 4

 In September 2000, my 64 year old mother in law had a craniotomy removing a 5 centimeter tumor from the left side of her brain--it has been diagnosed as GBM 4.  She will commence radiation treatments in two weeks.  She has lived a risk free life--non-smoking, non-drinking.  Had breast cancer last year, with a total mastectomy (left) with chemotherapy ending in February, 2000.

We have not received a formal prognosis--she meets with her oncologist on Oct 19th, however, we know BGM 4 has been defined as 'uniformly terminal' for all age groups and life expectancy beyond 2 years for her age group is less than 5%.

Looking for alternative treatment options or any promising new treatments that might give more hope.

Jim Eldridge
Kearney, Missouri