[MOL] U.S. House sends breast cancer bill to president [00551] Medicine On Line

[MOL] U.S. House sends breast cancer bill to president

Hope this passes...

U.S. House sends breast cancer bill to president
    [10/13/2000; Cable News Network]

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday
approved and sent to President Bill Clinton a bill to help low-income
uninsured women get treatment for breast cancer.

"Right now, uninsured women can receive free federal mammograms
and pap smears, but if they find out that they've got cancer,
they're on their own," said Rep. Sue Myrick, the measure's chief
sponsor who completed successful treatment for breast cancer
in May.

"I was lucky. I was able to afford health insurance," the North
Carolina Republican said. "This bill is for working women who
don't have insurance."

President Clinton has said he will sign the measure.

The full article can be found at:

http://www.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/cancer/10/13/breastcancer.bill.ap/index.html