Re: [MOL] Bridget- dog nails... :-) [00373] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Bridget- dog nails... :-)

Hi Bridget;
    Sorry I have been gone hope all went well with the nail clipping procedure. Sometimes if you just take a little bit at a time and if you see real good, when you look at the end of the nail after you have clipped it (black nails) it will appear
white. As you keep taking a little bit at a time you eventually start to see a black spot in the middle of the white, this is the quick beginning to appear. The closer you get to it the bigger the black spot gets until you eventually "quick them"
cutting into the blood vessel.. Like I said, don't have a panic attack because it will just scare you little friend, he will be scared too. Just remain calm and simply put some quick stop on it and it will stop bleeding. It is also good to reassure
Sox that that was no big deal. In white nails you can actually see the quick. The end of nail is white and you will see going up the nail towards the paw that the nail gets pink. Where this line starts is where the quick is. White nails are much
easier.  I'm sure by now you have figured out something. Talk to you later, I'm going on down the line checking e-mails.  Take care, Your friend,  Beav