Re: [MOL] Update and Prayer request/reply [00341] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Update and Prayer request/reply

Tonia,
Thank you for all your encouragement and support!!  I haven't told you all
the strange things that have been happening to me this past week and 1/2!
So needless to say that when you said that your Dad's name is Al too, it
brought tears to my eyes and does even now!!!
I am not sure what the situation is with them not checking into Moffit, I am
almost sure that in the beginning  it was probably denial.  For the past
month I have beat myself up for not being more forceful and getting the
information for them and ... and... and...  POINTLESS.  There is nothing
that I can do about the past.  HOWEVER, the future is another story.  I am
going to do the research and get all the information that I can and I will
take this up with him directly.   My mom, I just don't understand.  I can't
say any more about that, because I just don't get it!!!!!!  It is like
talking to a wall with her.  I have tried really hard the last few weeks to
prod her gently, because I didn't want to make her feel as guilty as I had
been feeling.  My sister and I both have kept on her and she has come out
and become more involved and more aggressive(but not enough)!  I said he has
no donors because his 2 brothers have refused, he has 3 sons, one of which
has aids, one that has a condition due to diabetes and one is a drug addict.
My sister and I have not been tested, we are not biological children.  His
blood type is o- though and so is my sister's, do you think that it would be
worth a shot to have her checked?  Mine is b+, I don't guess I am an option.
This Dr. made it sound like if his brother's were unwilling that there is NO
alternative.  I was going to take this up with the next ??? we do.  It is
looking good right now, they said he may be able to come home tomorrow.  I
know it will do him wonders to get him out of that hospital.  I have school
Mon, Tues, and Wed. nights so I will be getting as much info as possible
hopefully by the end of this week.  I don't want to jump down his throat the
minute he gets home!!
If there is anything else that you can tell me, I am eternally greatful!!
Thanks for the info and especially for the Friendship!!!!!
Pauli