Re: [MOL] Update and Prayer request [00333] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Update and Prayer request

Dear Pauli,
Glad to hear about your Dad.  I agree with Lillian.   Commenting to family
about a competing hospital in that way, is unprofessional and mean.  I don't
know anything about Moffit, myself.  The best way to find a good
doctor/hospital is by talking to people; people in a survivors' support
group, for instance. They are the ones best able to tell you how it feels to
be treated as a patient in _____.

I don't know much about Bone marrow transplant either--with one, they take
out your own marrow, treat it and put it back.  I think in the other, they
take out your marrow, and replace it with the donor's.  Hopefully someone
who knows more than me can chime in.

If your investigation of Moffit is positive, I was wondering, is it far away
from where you live? Your Mom may be worried about how to make the
trip...where she will stay.  If these issues can be smoothed away, probably
so will her objections.

Love and Hugs,

Martha