Re: [MOL] Update and Prayer request/reply [00329] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Update and Prayer request/reply

Pauli:

I think Lillian said it right.  Be very careful and enter through the back
door.  Is your Mom and dad open to reading information on Moffit Hospital?
The site I sent you indicates it is one of the top 25 in the country.  Why
not take advantage of it?  I contacted the hospital prior to my dads approval
and found out what is necessary for the consultation.  Maybe if you did this
and were able to explain what is necessary for the visit, some of the unknown
will be answered.  Another weird thing I did was pull up the doctors picture
and his credentials from the hospitals web site for my dad and family.  It
really helped us to feel comfortable knowing some background prior to the
meeting.

Regarding transplants.  First off, has your dads siblings been teasted?  How
about yourself and any brothers or sisters you may have?  My brother is a
perfect 6/6 match!!! Less than a 5% chance of that.  Based on your dads age I
am assuming a stem-cell transplant is his only option.   Ask me any question
regarding this and I shall reply.  I have researched this so much that I
could fill pages for you.  JUST ASK.  Why is there no donor?  Dis you check
the National donor registry?

Regarding using his own stem cells.  Unfortunately , not an option for AML
patients.  The reason is  their cancer IS in the stem cell, therefore it
would be almost impossible for the doctors to harvest enough normal cells to
give the patient back.
Fist goal is to get your dad strong and in remission.  Learning to live day
by day with cancer is so difficult but a necessity.

Take care my friend and keep being aggressive.

One last note.  My dad's name is Al too...... Do you think we were meant to
connect via cyber????

Your friend-

Tonia