[MOL] Non Small Cell Lung Cancer (Adenocarcinoma) Stage IIIB with a Mali [00315] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Non Small Cell Lung Cancer (Adenocarcinoma) Stage IIIB with a Malignant Pleural Effusion.

My dad who is 66 years old, in good heath and means the world to me, has recently been diagnosed with non small cell lung cancer, adenocarcinoma, Stage IIIB with a malignant pleural effusion.  We have been told that he is not a candidate for surgery
or radiation.  The only treatment option presented was for chemotherapy (Paclitaxel and Carboplatin).  It is my
understanding that options are limited due to the pleural effusion.  The tumor is around 5mm and the cancer does not appear to
have spread beyond the plueral effusion normal area i.e lining of the lung and chest wall.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this or might be able suggest some additional alternaltives that could be
pursued.  The future does not appear to be bright right now.  Thanks.