Re: [MOL] Gail [00302] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Gail

Hi Gail. Glad to hear John is starting to reconnect; that must have been a
terrifying time for you.
Take it from me, your oncologist can make all the difference to how you feel
about your illness. The first one I saw knew very little about my type of
cancer, which is a rare form, but had obviously made no effort to research
it either. All he seemed to know was that statistically I probably wouldn't
make it no matter what we did. I left his office feeling I was wasting my
time and might just as well spare myself the agony and die in peace. In
short, I gave up.
Thankfully, my family doctor connected me up with a different onc. after
hearing how my first meeting went. The minute I walked into this onc.'s
office, he came over to me, took my hand and told me to stop worrying
because we were going to beat this thing and he had absolutely no doubt
about this. I believed him and it made all the difference.
If your not happy with the one you have, keep searching until you find one
that inspires your trust and confidence. You have that right.
God bless and I'll be praying for you both.
Your friend,
Bridget