From: Inez
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2000 4:46 PM
Subject: [MOL] Node positive melanoma

My son was recently diagnosed at Mayo Clinic with invasive melanoma to Clark's Level III.  They injected radioactive dye into the melanoma site and removed two lymph nodes that dyed blue.  One of the nodes tested positive for malignancy.  They are now encouraging him to go into an experimental interfuron treatment program.  He would recieve infusions of interfuron 5 days per week for 4 continuous weeks.

We are looking for any information and ideas regarding the decision which lies before us.  Thank you for any information you may be able to provide.