Re: [MOL] adenoid cystic carcinoma /REPLY to Lisa [00263] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] adenoid cystic carcinoma /REPLY to Lisa

Hi Lisa, welcome to our forum.  You are about to embark on a journey with
the most friendly and kindest people on earth.  First, I must let you know
that we are not in the medical profession.  So anything I will be e-mailing
you is simply my opinion and the opinions of the medical sites on the cyber
hwy.

You may want to check into Sterotactic Radiation, you could have a cancer
hospital that does this closer to you and it has very good results.

I certainly understand your concerns and was taken back that the cancer  has
matastized so quickly.  More than likely they will only radiate one area at
a time and you have nothing to fear on the radiation.  The sessions are
short and sweet.  Since it has spread to your lung it is still called
adenoid cystic carcinoma.  I think that is done just to confuse us lay
people.

Were it me I would definitely want a bone scan done and a brain scan. I hope
you are being treated at a top cancer facility where all therapies are
available to you?  Please keep me posted.  I have just read up on your
cancer the other day as I have a suspect  tumor  in the left salivary gland.

Make sure you get copies of all medical reports to include scans and
pathology....Very important to keep on top of things throughout this
journey.  What you don't know we are here to help you.  Warmly, lillian